"Frida" in my opinion was a great movie. At first I was very skeptical about how much i would enjoy it but as the movie progressed i was really hooked and interested in what was going to happen next. The movie is a about a women names Frida who is not your average women. She shows masculinity along with her feminine side and is not your typical artist. she gets into a fatal car accident and afterwards he mother passes away and has to work in order to provide for herself. it showed her independence and how different she was from the other women.
Frida's art was incredible and it was incredible beacuse it was so different from the art at the time. It was somewhat depressing and thats what made it special and all her work had meaning to it. If i had to rate this movie on a scale from 1-10 i would give it a 9. It was able to keep me interested and had a great story line and taught me about one of the greatest artist of her time. i recommend everyone to watch it because you can learn from it and i would watch it again without any hesitation.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As I was about to watch this movie to I didn't expect such a good movie as well. The movie was good and yes had a great storyline to it, but on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 6.5 7 because it's not my type of movie. I would watch it again if I have to, but personally I hope that was the last time because now I know what I need to know about Frida. It wasn't to much of a movie where I can relate my life experiences to because it's in a totally different time period and life was so different in the 1920's. I just love the meanings behind her paintings because they are realistic knowing she relates it to her own life which not many artist even do today!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a shallow reaction. I know you can analyze more deeply than this.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 2/4