Monday, March 2, 2009
Teen pressures.....
Peer pressure has always been around to affect our society. Many of our major problems such as alchohol, drug, and violence can be seen to have a relationship with peer pressure. If a person is strong enough and has his/her own brain, he can basically overcome any pressure that he/she is facing. Even though, peer pressure is in every society, sometimes people feel it's about experience and sometimes it is, but experience doesn't mean you have to go out and party till you pass out. I think that many girls and boys think it is "cool" to drink, smoke weed, abuse all those factors but when it comes down to it, all teenagers are simply killing themselves. Maybe not literally killing themselves but come closer to the dead end of life opportunities and everything their lives represented.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you 100% on this topic. I do feel that teenagers do have the sbilitly to not be "under peer pressure" if they make it their business. If they have their mind set on not smoking or not drinking then when someone says "do you want a drink", they should be strong enough to reject it because that's what they want and not be pressured into doing something they dont feel right doing. I think it is based on the person and not just the person around them at times. If everyone stood their ground I dont think there would be a problem with peer pressure in this life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Enrico and I do believe that one of our problems in our society is peer pressure. I actually think it's getting worse due to this recession and hard times. Its not peer pressure when you reach a certain age like being an adult because some adults think that drugs and alcohol are the things to use during hard times. It also isn't about being pressured but some teenagers are curious and want to try drugs, weed and alcohol. Also teenagers run to drugs like pills when they are down and need to feel better and think doing pills would help there depression or problems, but little do they know its making them worse. I am just saying peer pressure isn't the only problem but yes I agree it is a big problem in our society.
ReplyDeleteYour right about everything you said. Peer pressure can come form anywhere even if its not partying or smoking. The worst part is that the very friends you choose to associate yourself with are usually the ones pressuring you. You said that it may not kill someone literally but most of the stuff you listed are some causes of death. I agree with you though when you talked about losing opportunities and being "dead". Its kind of sad that some people ruin their lives when they think they'll make it better by being "cool".
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on the fact that people not only teens face peer pressure. I also agree that many peoples addictions stem from an encounter with peer pressure but that said no one can pressure you enough into an addiction so i wouldn't simply say that peer pressure was to blame for their dead end life that results from drug use. As a person who has had experienced peer pressure i know that simple no will suffice in most situations. I also think that many people actually try drugs or alcohol because not only peer pressure but a pre-existing curiosity that leads them to experimentation. Ultimately i find pressure from your peers can be extremely influential but in the end its thats persons decision.
ReplyDeleteRico I agree with exactly what your saying. Teen pressure is a huge impact in todays modern society and causes lots of stress on teens. Teens get sucked into drugs and drinking which may lead to bad decisions and very bad consequences. I agree that people as being the individual have the responsibility of making the decisions and cannot blame other people for their actions. I also agree with the fact that a lot of kids do it because they think they are "cool". I know many people who start doing drugs because of peer pressure and realize how bad it is a little too late. People should become individuals and think for themselves. They have to open up there eyes to what's good and bad for them and not what people may think of them.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you, peer pressure is something that had a great impact on many teens. I personally do not believe in peer pressure. I am not saying that it does not exist I am just saying that it doesnt effect me personally. I believe that no one can interfer with what you believe, you are your own person as long as you believe in yourself and your opinions on things. A person should be confident and peer pressure might not effect them but if you are not confident peer pressure will definitly have an impact on you as a individual.
ReplyDeleteThis is a significant topic to post about, and obviously you sparked interest in many of your classmates. I would like you to use somrthing specific that you read or saw in order to support the topics you choose for your blog.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4