Monday, April 20, 2009

Appreciating the short lives we live....

Throughout the past spring break, i've learned a lot. I've learned that people shouldn't take things for granted. Everyone always says that but they never really go by their own statements. People still tend to take advantage of things and not understand that nothing is eternal. Life is so precious and people should really stop complaining. They don't understand how easy they get it. People think their lives are so complicated and complain for the worst reasons. "Oh its so hard to study for a test or walk the dog or wash the dishes" but they really don't know how easy it is. Stop complaining and be with the people you love because you never know when they will leave your life. People should start appreciating what they have
For approximately 5/6 months, my mother has been battling Lymphoma. this past Spring break it got worse. She was on respiratory resort and passed away on Thursday, April 10. She was only 43 , and she was gone from mine and my families lives but with her passing I've learned a lot , many showed up for her knowing the type of person she was and the mark she made on so many peoples lives. It has showed that make your life worth something whether you touched 100 people or even one, you have done something. This has taught me that life is short and you should appreciate It for what it is and take it as it comes because you don't know when its going to be your last day. So appreciate what you have don't complain about litttle things, do what your parents ask and just know you only have one life . So live it up to the fullest.

7 comments:

  1. Rico, you have truly touched me with your amazing blog, I am so sorry for your loss and can't imagine what you have been going through. I can't agree with you more that teens could do a lot more than we do to make our parents lives easier. It always seems to be a struggle and do believe that life is short and we often take it for granted. The people we love and admire touch us in ways that we can't ever imagine until their gone, often in life people can be so childish and take whatever blessing they do have for a joke. It seems that we are never satisfied as human beings and always seek more. We forget just how fulfilling time with loved ones can be your mother would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enrico,
    Life is something that each and everyday is taken for granted. You are completely right, people complain about many things and they do not stop to think that their lives are not half as hard as the lives of people in third world countries. The generation of today is only getting worse and worse.
    I try to live my life to the fullest but I can honestly say I do not. I take many things for granted. But one thing I truly try not to take for granted is family. I cherish my family so much and thank G-d each and everyday of my life for them, I am not exaggerating, I honestly do. My family is such a big part of my life and has definitely made an impact on me.
    There is absolutely nothing I can say to you because I do not know what you are going through. My words will never comfort you. All I can say is I am so sorry. No one can ever replace your mother but you have family and friends that love you very much. Take care Rico and know that you have people by your side.

    - Diana

    P.S. We've been down since elementary... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rico, you writing this blog truely shows that you believe in what you are saying. It shows a great deal of strength beyond anyone who has never experianced such a thing. I am greatly sorry for your loss, no deserves to lose their mother at such a young age.
    Every person takes things for granted. Apart of being a human is always wanting something more, something different. People never realize what is in front of them and how greatful they should be. I definitly have taken many things for granted weither it be my family, friends or even school. I am not proud of this and I too like anyone else wants their life to be worth something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was deep. Although I can not relate to this personally, I get it and I understand what your saying. Life is a strange thing and your right it can be very short. Every time I think about this stuff now I think of Dylan Thomas's poem "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night". We read it in class but I think you missed it. It is basically about people who face death. The ones that don't "go gently into the light",this is what he stresses. I wouldn't know if it relates to your mother but it can in relate to appreciating life in some way. He wrote it after his fathers death and it was probably his feelings on how he didn't want people to give up. There are so many people who curse their parents out and definitely take them for granted. I bet they never think about what if something happens to their parents so they don't care, but they should care. I never thought about it but now I will. I didn't know your mom but ill tell you I bet she was a great woman. I think you have taken this hole thing well even if I really don't know. I'm sorry for you and your family it must be very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss and I know I can't related to it yet. You touched me with this blog. You are correct, we shouldn't complain about small things and don't take things for granted because we don't know when is the next time we will see the people we love the most. Even though we all might take things for granted but the point is we shouldn't and we should do things while we are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rico, ive known you for about 8 years(down since 3rd grade haha) and ive known your family as well. I do understand teens these days complain about the stupidest and littlest things ever. Im not going to lie I do complain alot and i shouldnt be. But its not only me its every teen, weather or not complaining how tired they are or how sick they are either way they do. They shouldnt and I dont want to sound like a hypocrite because I do the same. People shouldnt take things for granted cause they dont know whats going to happen next who there going to loose next. Im really sorry for everything and your mother was such a nice lady. If you ever need anything you know you can always ask me feel free to. Stay strong rico were all here for you.

    -muah

    ReplyDelete